Bog and Grog Rules
Â WALLINGTON FIRE COMPANY
BOG AND GROG RULES
updatedÂ July 31, 2013
These rules are designed for the sole purpose of protecting you, the people around you and Wallington Fire Company. We are all here to have a good time and be safe.
Other than service dogs NO EXCEPTIONS TO THESE RULESÂ
1.Â Â Â NO DOGS (except service dogs)
- a.Â This ruling is, because of the amount of spectators, to protect your pet from being stepped on or tripped over which might cause them to bite as a nature impulse
2.Â Â Â NO GLASS OF ANY KIND IS ALLOW ON THE PROPERTY
- a.Â This is to prevent anyone from get cut from broken glass.
3.Â Â Â Â NO GRILLS ARE ALLOWED TO BE USED ON PROPERTY
- a.Â This is to prevent unintentional grass fire and/or someone getting burned. There are concession stands on either side of the Bog for you to purchase food from.
4.Â Â Â ALL RIDER IN VEHICLES BETWEEN THE FENCES OR IN THE PIT AREA
- a.Â This is to prevent a spectator being hit regardless of who’s at fault
5.Â Â Â Â ALL DRIVERS AND RIDERS MUST HAVE SEAT BELTS ON
- a.Â This is to prevent movement and hitting the windshield, dashboard, or something else in case of a sudden stop or being bounced out of the vehicle.
6.Â Â Â RIDERS 16 YRS. OF AGE AND UNDER MUST WEAR HELMETS
- a.Â This is to prevent head injuries
7.Â Â Â NO RIDING IN THE REAR OF OF VEHICLES UNLESS THERE ARE SEATS WITH SEAT BELTS
- a.Â This to prevent anyone from being bounced around or out of rear of the vehicle.
8.Â Â ALL DRIVERS AND RIDERS IN OPEN VEHICLES MUST WEAR HELMETS
- a. This isÂ alsoÂ to prevent head injuries
Â 9.Â Â ALL DRIVERS MUST 18 YEARS OLD AND HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE.
- a. This is so we know the drivers know how to driveÂ a vehicle and to protect the fire department.
10.Â Â NO TRAILERS WILL BE IN THE PIT AREA
- a.Â Trailers will be unloaded and will be parked in the back field north of pit area.
- b.Â One vehicle, per Bog Vehicle, other than the Bog Vehicle is allowed in the pit area.
- c.Â This is to reduce the congestion in the pit area and reduce the possibility of someone getting hit.
11.Â Â ALL DEBRIS FROM ANY VEHICLE CANNOT BE LYING ON THE GROUND.
- a.Â This is to prevent anyone from tripping over the debris and getting injured.
12.Â Â NO UNDER AGE ALCAHOL DRINKING ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY
- a.Â This is to protect the fire department.
13.Â Â TOW TRACTORS DRIVERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGED DONE TO YOUR VEHICLE (S)
- a.Â This also is to protect the fire department.
14.Â Â ATV’S ARE NOT ALLOWED
- a.Â ATV’s are hard to be seen by a Bogger driver.
15.Â Â 4 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE ONLY
- a.Â This to reduce the congestion in the Bog area makes easier for the 4 wheel drive rs.
16.Â Â CANOPIES / TENTS MUST BE 10 FEET AWAY FROM THE FENCE
- a.Â This is a safety precaution for mud chunks flying out of the trenches