At 12:45 AM were called out for a possible electrical fire. The caller stated they could smell and see some smoke and thought it might be electric. The cause was a problem with the heat tape on the water pipes. We had our 2nd Assistant Chief and 5 firefighters at the scene. We were back in service at 1:40 AM.
At 5:06 PM we were called out with Sodus via Automatic Mutual Aid (AMA) to a Rotterdam Road with caller reporting a lot of smoke in the area. Sodus command on arrival stated the smoke was from an outdoor wood stove. We had 2 chiefs 4 firefighters respond to the call. We were back in service at 5:10 PM.
At 2:56 PM Our Firefighter Assist and Search Team (FAST) was dispatched to a church fire on Ridge Road in East Williamson. The caller stated flames were coming out of the church. Our 4 Chiefs and 11 members responded to the call. We were back in service at 5:24 PM.
At 2:10 PM we were called, via Automatic Mutual Aide (AMA), with Alton for a snowmobile accident victim at their fire hall on Route 14. The victim was driven there from Wolcott and was having difficulty breathing. On arrival Alton command released us. We had our Chief and 4 firefighters who made the response. We were back in service at 2:14 PM.
At 11:57 AM we were called out with Sodus via Automatic Mutual Aid (AMA) to a Gaylord Street residence reporting smoke from an electrical outlet. Sodus command request us to standby in our quarters. We had 2 chiefs 5 firefighters respond to the call. We were back in service at 12:06 PM.
At 9:22 AM we were called, via Automatic Mutual Aide (AMA), with Alton for a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) at Route 104 and Route 14 caused by poor road condition. There were no injuries. We assist with traffic control. We had our Chief and 10 firefighters who made the response. We were back in service at 9:49 AM.
At 6:49 AM we were requested by Sodus Center Command to Standby for Alton and them while they were at a Chimney Fire on Quarry Road. We had 3 Chiefs and 9 firefighters who respond to this call. We were back in service at 9:17 AM.
At 6:49 PM County Fire Control dispatched to a reported of an odor of gas on Ridge Road by Wayne County Advance Life Support (ALS). Our 3rd Assistance Chief request Fire Control to notify RG&E of a confirmed gas leak. We stood by until RG&E arrived. We had our 3rd Assistance Chief and 4 members respond the call. We were back in service at 7:38 PM
At 9:01 AM we were dispatched via Automatic Mutual Aid (AMA) with Sodus for CO2 Detector Activation on Spring Street. We used our CO2 Detector. Sodus Command requested RG&E and released us. Our 3rd Assistant Chief and 6 firefighters responded to the call. We were back in service at 9:52 AM.
At 8:44 AM the County Dispatch request a Chief to check a house for possible fire where an oxygen hose flared up burning the person using it on North Geneva Road. Our 3rd Assistant Chief reported to Fire Control that was no fire. The person on oxygen received burns and was transported to Strong Memorial Hospital. We had 2 Chiefs and 8 members responded. We were back in service at 8:52 AM.